GS Construction Arabia Company Facilitates RSHS’s Exquisite High-end Accommodation Facility for Petro Rabigh, Saudi Arabia
GS Construction Arabia Ltd. (GSCA) is the local registered subsidiary of GS Engineering & Construction Corp., a Korea-based company mainly engaged in the construction and civil engineering businesses. GS Construction Arabia Ltd. (GSCA) won the Rabigh II Project in Saudi Arabia.
The Rabigh Phase II Project involved the expansion of Petro Rabigh's Refining and Petrochemical Complex located approximately 150km north of Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. The project was to witness the expansion of the existing ethane cracker, construction of an aromatic complex and an ethylene cracker debottlenecking plant. It will further enable the complex to produce 30 million cubic feet per day of ethane and three million tonnes of naphtha per year, which will be used as feedstock to produce a variety of petrochemical products. The plant is set to produce an estimated 300,000t of ethylene per year.
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Customer: GS Construction Arabia Company for Petro Rabigh
- Project: Rabigh II Refining and Petrochemical Project
- Location: Rabigh, Saudi Arabia
- Completion Date: Construction Completed May 2013 – Operation of Facilities to be completed November, 2015
GS Construction Arabia Company required Red Sea Housing Services to provision Petro Rabigh's Refining and Petrochemical Complex with a turnkey accommodation that is equipped with an en-suite of supplementary units and services that can enable the employees in the camp lead a living of comfort and relaxation after a day’s work.
Red Sea Housing Services selected its sturdy Sitemaster-III Series building units inclusive of utilities, amenities such as satellite TV, telecom, wired internet, swimming pools, gymnasium, indoor & outdoor sports facilities, complete with camp operations and maintenance services for Petro Rabigh's Refining and Petrochemical Complex. RSHS employees had to withstand extreme working conditions, having to work on a Gas Plant that was in operation.
- Installation to take place in an existing gas plant required the staff to tackle extreme working conditions
- End-to-end service facilitation
- Tough living conditions for RSHS personnel
- Compliance to Saudi Aramco Engineering Standards(SAES) for Camp Facilities
Highlights of the project:
- Camp with uninterrupted communication services inclusive of satellite TV, telecommunication, and wired internet services
- Luxurious recreational facilities
Project Units Implemented: