Red Sea Housing Services Equipped the Empty Quarters with 1000 Man Camp for Shaybah NGL Program in Saudi Arabia
Shaybah Oil Field is a major crude oil production site in Saudi Arabia, developed by Saudi Aramco, located approximately 40 kilometres (25 mi) from the northern edge of the Rub' Al-Khali ("Empty Quarter") desert.
- Industry: Oil & Gas
- Customer: Saudi Aramco
- Project: Shaybah NGL Program
- Location: Shaybah, Saudi Arabia
- Completion Date: Completed September 9, 2013
Shaybah Oil Field required to have housing facilities for 1,000 men, administrative offices, an airstrip, a fire station, recreation areas, maintenance and support workshops, and power stations for generation and distribution.
Red Sea Housing Services (RSHS) were able to engineer, procure and construct for the 1000 Man Camp for Saudi Aramco’s Shaybah Oil Field NGL Program. Sitemaster 3 Series Building unit was deployed owing to the extreme weather conditions that the units would require to withstand. The camp for 1000 men was adequately equipped with utilities, and amenities like recreation units, kitchen and dining areas, security houses, and clinic to take care of the health of employees working at the site.
- Construction of Camp Site facilities on a deep remote desert location
- Extreme weather conditions on this remote desert location tested the quality and durability of our provided buildings and facilities
- A remote desert location along the UAE boarder better known as the Empty Quarter, no available life support. Required full sustainability from day 1 of mobilization
- Complex logistics
- Stringent compliance with International Building Code (IBC), National Electric Code (NEC), Saudi Arabian Standards Organization (SASO)
Highlights of the project:
- 1000 Man Camp
- Site Master 3 series accommodation building with amenities
- Equipped with clinics, recreation units, kitchen and dining area, and security houses
- Compliance to International Building Code (IBC), National Electric Code (NEC), Saudi Arabian Standards Organization (SASO) regulations, and standards
- Project completed on time in spite of the remoteness of the location and need for full mobilization from day 1
Project Units Implemented: